Backend software engineer
We leverage Postgres, Redis, HDFS and Apache Spark for our storage and computation needs, since we have to reliably process millions of products per day.
In this position you will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of new and old features in our application. You will be a part of our development team and work closely together with the other team members. We value the readability, maintainability and testability of our codebase and look for someone who shares these values.
- Excellent programming skills in either Python, Scala or Haskell
- Experience with web development, web technologies and APIs
- Familiarity with SQL and relational databases, preferably Postgres
- Good working knowledge of Linux, Git and the command-line
- Committed to high engineering standards
Nice to have
- Knowledge of HDFS and Apache Spark
- Familiar with functional programming and its concepts
- Experience in tuning and scaling a big application
- Having worked with distributed systems before
- design, development and testing of new product features
- collaborate with and review PRs of other team members
- improve the reliability and robustness of our application
- work on scalability and performance improvements
- work together with the sales and support teams on requirements and issues
- Challenging part-time or full-time function with space for personal initiative
- Competitive salary
- Career opportunities within Channable
- Working for a fast growing company with a young and ambitious team
- Awesome office in the city center of Utrecht (Janskerkhof)
We are a young and fast-growing start-up from Utrecht focussing on the e-commerce and online marketing sectors. We have developed the leading feed management solution for e-tailers of all sizes, from the small webshop around the corner to the big players like Nike and IKEA.
Our open and modern office is located right in the center of Utrecht, it’s easily reachable by bike and public transport and there are plenty of restaurants and food carts to choose from around it.
We offer an open and respectful working atmosphere, where challenging work is balanced with breaks to play ping-pong, Xbox or just hanging back on our comfortable couch. We also regularly go out for drinks or dinner together and have the occasional office party.